Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Friday, June 22, 2012

Summertime

I could rant for a paragraph about how I've abandoned blogging.... but truth is that's just silly IMO. Life is busy... I didn't get signed up for Lenten Prayer Buddies... somehow I missed it... and I fell off out of the Blogosphere. (I think I just wrote a paragraph about not blogging, huh?) Welcome, Summertime!! Warm, inviting, long nights... it's all good, right? Yes, it is... but summertime is an adjustment with little ones. First off, sleep is tough for us. Mary Jane knows it's still light out at 6:30 but her little body is tired. She needs to sleep but fights us like crazy. John and I struggled with decided to either letter her CIO (cry it out... for those non-mommies that are {not} reading my blog) or snuggle and rock. The latter has won... life is too short to let tears happen before bed when they can be snuggled out! It's also tough on this Bunny.... The mister stays at home all summer. He is a teacher, after all. While it's great, it also means changes to my order. I am use to having things just so... and well that doesn't happen with him. Life is literally messier with a SAH-Daddy.... it's great for the girls but it takes mental adjusting for me. Above all, I am so happy that the girls have summers with Daddy.... I really am. Aside from summers with daddy and not sleeping well, summer means swimming and swim lessons, music class, vacation in Northern Arizona, seeing birth grandparents.... and lots of outdoor play. For John and I, it means a Dodger game or two, Hollywood Bowl once or twice (before baby bunnies, we were sort of Hollywood Bowl junkies... in the cheap seats), and lots of swimming and playing with our babies. Summer is here..... yea!

2 comments:

  1. The girls are getting so big! I hope you have a wonderful summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks so much for dropping by and leaving your kind comments. I'm so glad that you discovered my blog and left a message.

    My weight has been a constant struggle for me...especially since the advent of children! LOL Seriously though, years of infertility and miscarriages took their toll as well as infertility treatments. Couple that with God's own surprises for me with 3 babies after the age of 35 and well...you understand!

    Anyway, perhaps we can be each other's cheerleaders! I think your profile description is so cute! Yes, more carrots and less chocolate! ;)

    Blessings,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete