Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Good weekend

We are back to a family of four!

Last week, my parents and auntie, and then my sister and her husband arrived to help us celebrate Mary Jane's first birthday.  It was fun but it was a full house! 

On Saturday we hosted approximately 40 people who love Mary Jane and celebrated her first year with us.  It was so much fun... but so much work. My best friend throws the most beautiful birthday parties for her kiddos... and I have a renewed respect for her efforts!! 

Here's a few pics of our special day:



This picture was created by MJ!  Isn't it funny!  It would make a great Avatar photo for a site that I want to hide my face!

John asked me to wear my safari hat (authentic... from Africa) since it was a safari themed party.

MJ's new giant zebra named... Debra! (the British pronounce zebra w/a soft e.... hence, Debra the Zebra!)


My sweet girl!

Forget bounce houses... we let the kiddos play with two of our bunnies... they were so happy!


My family


MJ trying cake.  She wasn't impressed. I guess not feeding her sugar for the last year has payed off!



And here's her favorite new toy.  She loves it!!  I am so surprised she can get her little leg over it to ride it... but she does and then she GRINS!



Such a good day... so many good friends... and so many expectant friends.  Of our close circle of friends, we have four of the five expecting babies this Spring.  What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment