Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Friday, December 2, 2011

Seven Quick Takes Friday

Happy Friday!
1.  Quick take one... this is my first Seven Quick Takes!  Seriously.  I love reading them but as my few followers know I am not a regular blogger.  I am hoping this exercise during Lent may help me choose to either be one... or not!  Anyway, that's my first quick take!
2.  Tomorrow is family picture day for us.  We are having this new and rising photographer take our pictures.  We are coupling it with a first birthday pic session for MJ.  I just sent the mister out to buy balloons for MJ's first pictures.  As much as I love seeing pics of my girls, I always grimace at seeing my photos.  I really need to do two things:  get back on the 40 by 40 wagon AND get over my self.  My body has survived cancer x 3 and I am strong.  I hate listening to other women who are beautiful and strong but may not be "magazine perfect berate themselves.  I need to remember that!

3.  Prayer buddy.... I am going to write a proper introduction soon :)  You are probably reading this blog trying to piece it together.  For what it's worth, you are welcome to see more on the blog the mister maintains.  You can at least get pics of us, our bunnies, and last but not least our two girls.  WARNING:  Mister has a quirky sense of humor and an undeniable propensity to talk sports. 

4.  I LOVE being a mommy.  I can't believe there was a time in my life that I wondered if it was my calling or not.  I think those feelings were actually a defense mechanism because I figured I'd never be able to birth a child.  Regardless, it's the best thing in the world.

5.  (Reread #4 first).  Betsy is testing me in a way that is beyond tough.  I know this is just a phase but her incessant crying and screaming is TOUGH on this mama and daddy.  Our pediatrician doesn't think it's true colic.  I am treating her with a probiotoc.  I don't think it's working.  I could definitely use prayers on this one.... to be gentle and kind and patient with my sweet baby girl even when she's been screaming for 20 minutes.  I can't tell you how many Hail Mary's I've prayed to keep calm.  I know this will pass but it is a stresser in my life right now.

6.  More on this later but how are you suppose to know when you are through having babies if you don't do it the conventional way.  Adoption leaves that door wide open... sort of.  This is a tough one for me.  More on this later.

7.  I am in the throws of birthday party land!  Yea.... next Saturday is MJ's first birthday!  I am so excited!  I am also so overwhelmed.  So much to do.  So much.... pics to print, book to make, video to make/edit, menu to make, doljabi to create, house to clean, guests to arrive early... so much but so much fun.  What a blessing. 

For other quick takes, See Jen's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment