Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Monday, December 3, 2012

Good Enough

Advent is here... and I am good enough. Actually I am good. I love the seasons of our year.... especially Advent and Christmas. But I find myself struggling with too many "to dos" to make the season and holiday meaningful. In my head, I picture my perfect home--- one with holiday scented candles, a homemade Advent wreath like the one here: http://memoriesoncloverlane.com Holiday music would be playing and I'd have friends and family over regularly to drink cider and enjoy the season together. I should add that pinterest is feeding these visions. Instead, I have a purple votive candle sitting on top of a green plastic plant container that is on the corner of our table, out of reach of little hands. I have a toddler that yells for "High Chair Music" (more on that later) whenever I put on season specific tunes. Our tree is up and trimmed... earlier than I'd like but I need to be sensible since we are out of town for a good chunk of the month. But now our tree looks awfully lopsided because all of the ornaments and lights have shifted to the top half of the tree to stay out of the hands of little people. Martha Stewart, I am not. But in this season of Advent, I am good. I am enough. I am present for my daughters and that is much more important than the perfect home. I say this... but it is a mantra I need to repeat. Focus on the important stuff. You are good. It is enough. Being mommy trumps royal-iced sugar cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment