Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Monday, January 4, 2010

Pour some sugar on me.....not!

I took the day off. So indulgent! Made it a four day weekend.
I am also taking of TH and FRI! Yes!!!

I am drinking my coffee....with Coffee Mate and sugarfree sweetener...and listening to the Today Show. I especially liked hearing Robyn Okrant discuss her book, Living Oprah. The idea makes me smile. I have a love/hate relationship with the Queen of Talk (more on that at a later date).
But two segments caused me pause. Both were about weightloss.

One idea....set long term and weekly goals. I like it. It makes sense. I am a list maker and hold myself true to goals....that are realistic.

My long term goal- loose a lb a week for a year!
This week's goal- Post-dinner snack can ONLY BE YOGURT.

I will weigh in every Monday with a new Weekly Goal.

The second segment was Jorge Cruise discussing The Belly Fat Cure. Everything he said, made sense. No sugar=No Belly Fat. I've already experienced this on the Skinny Plan. By cutting sugar, my biggest inch loss was in my belly area.

The most important thing that I learned about sugar from living the Skinny Plan, and it kills me to say it, is cutting sugar makes my cravings go away. That's one reason that WW Points doesn't work well for me. I use points on things that are sugary and then I want more. These past few weeks, I've indulged in sugar. Guess what, I want more more more!

I hate the idea of cutting sugar. With the Skinny Plan, I am suppose to cut artificial sweeteners too. The idea is that they continue to make you want to taste sweetness. As I get back in the Skinny Plan saddle, I am approaching it with limited sugar-free natural sweeteners as a test to see if I can have a little in a latte but still lose my cravings. I'll get back to you and let you know how I fare.

Speaking of saddles and such, I picked up these adorable antique western boots at a flea market yesterday. I love them. As soon as Christmas decorations come day (after Epiphany), the boots will be displayed. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment