Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby steps

Baby steps.  A few steps forward.  A few steps not so forward.  And a baby on the way.  Yes, I think we are about two weeks away from meeting our baby.  Sort of surreal.  And as much as my mind remains in babyland, I still want to lose some pre-baby weight.  Ha -- I could say this weight was all gained during my maternity, right?! 

Anyway, here's the stats...and for what it's worth, I am trying to remain positive.

Weight-  0.8
Weekly loss-  +.4
Overall loss-  0.8 

I am not going to waste time talking about my loss and what went well.  I know I need to catapult myself forward and what I've been doing thus far isn't quite enough.

Actually, I take it back...I do want to talk about what didn't work this week-

1-  I ate out at Wood Ranch with my Adoption Mama group.  While I tried to stay on point with healthy eating, I know all the sodium doesn't help.
2-  Hollywood Bowl.  I don't know how bad the eating was...it seemed okay but I was not tracking what I ate so that doesn't help.
3-  I didn't write things down daily.  This is a MUST.  And I keep reading it needs to be done prior to me consuming the food.  I think I should try it.
4-  I drank water but I didn't track it.
5-  No Curves except one day. 
6-  I walked some but didn't track it.
7-  I didn't plan meals.  We were busy and I sort of put it together as I went.  Not a good plan.

So, this week:
1-  I am going to record what I eat before I eat it.
2-  Plan meals.  I've gotta do it.  It saves money, saves time, and overall contributes to weight loss.
3-  Walk 5 miles.
4-  Go to Curves 3 times.
5-  Track 64 oz of water daily.

I am sticking to these five this week.  Good starting point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment