Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday.  I work in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays.  And wow... it's been tough.  My door has been revolving with women coming into complain about each other.  (I hate office drama!  It's a waste of time!)  It's been super challenging for me.  I hate resolving conflict.  What I'd like to say, is GROW UP!  AND STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME!  No one is innocent in the office conflict so take ownership and move on. 

I am not sure why I shared that..... Okay, I was sharing to put in place where my mind was.

So, we had an interfaith Lenten service at work.  Usually it's just our hospital priest.  He's not the hospital chaplain but rather he calls on our hospital and offers services.  So this  year I was surprised that it was interfaith.  I was also put off that the service was longer than usual.  I NEEDED TO GET BACK TO MY OFFICE AND DEAL WITH DISTRACTIONS! 

For the first three or four minutes, my mind was buzzing.  I was irritated that I couldn't just say a quick prayer, get ashes and get on with my day.  (I know.... wrong but I am being honest). 

I finally opened my ears and heard the homily.  I had dismissed it because it wasn't "the priest".  The homily was lovely and discussed DISTRACTIONS!  I felt like it was spoken just for me.  I am letting distractions come between me and God.

I hadn't used the word DISTRACTION when preparing for this Lenten journey but it summarizes how I feel.  I am focusing on family and keeping myself healthy.  I am slowing down.  Simplifying.  In other words, I  am striving to rid myself of distractions.

I am really excited that I renewed my subscription to The Word Among Us.
It really is a great way for me to stay centered during Lent.  It reminds me of my mission and goals.  To live a life closer to God. 

Mary Jane is crying.  Time to go simplify her life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment