Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.

Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Lent reflections

A week and a half into my Lenten journey... I've had a few "a-ha moments" (for the record, I refuse to credit Oprah for the term "a-ha moments"... more on my love/dislike... really dislike opinion of O later):

  • God makes connections where we least expect them.  Both in my teaching of Confirmation and in my general life, I've had a few moments that helped me string together what I was suppose to be learning.  One of the more powerful connections is coming from getting acquainted with  the blog of the Prayer Buddy for whom I am praying.  Several posts she's written have spoken to me in a way that I really needed a reflection.  I know that God brought me to her/her blog to learn and hear Him.  
  • Prayer is powerful.  Just knowing that someone in the world, my Prayer Buddy, is praying for me has made my more difficult moments seem less stressful.  It helps keep me in check.  I know that people have always kept my intentions close to their heart... whether it be with my cancer journey or my adoption journey.... aunts, mom, friends have all prayed for me/us.  But having someone that "doesn't have to" pray for me is powerful.
  • Grumpy old men have hearts!  Okay, that's an over-simplification of what I am feeling/thinking but it captures the gist.  There's a man at church who've I've always thought to be grumpy and controversial.  He always opposes changes (like a consolidation of masses a few years back that was necessary).  He switched churches in protest.   He's a smart man... a professor.  I've always judged him. I realize now that I did and should not have done so (regardless!).  His kind gesture last Sunday warmed my heart.  I realize now that he is passionate about his faith and wants to share it.  He may have a grumpy exterior but he's got a warm heart!
Well, MJ is out for a walk w/John so I need to skedaddle and get some chores done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment